De-clutter and discover the closet space that’s "disappeared" over the past year with these easy tips for a well-organized closet:
- If you haven’t worn it in a year, toss it. Better yet, donate it to charity – you’ll help someone in need and might get a tax write-off into the bargain.
- Organize and group clothes by season. If it’s January, you won’t need that bikini for a while. Pack up everything that’s out of season in clear storage bins and you’ll be able to see what’s inside when you’re ready to unpack as the next season comes around.
- Go vertical. Hang short jackets or blouses on one side of your closet, and then use the space below for small drawers or shelves to store sweaters and shoes. Don’t have enough closet space? Getting a free-standing closet or closet organizer can literally double your space.
- Group clothes by type (shirts, pants, skirts, dresses, etc.) and color. This will not only help with organization but will make it easier to choose outfits, too.
- Neatness counts. The right hangers will help clothes hang neater, last longer, and give your closet a more ordered look.
Used with permission. © 2014 Walmart. All Rights Reserved. See full legal
Important Walmart Disclaimer:
All content provided herein is for educational purposes only. Neither the author nor Walmart.com assumes any responsibility for errors, omissions or contrary interpretation of the subject matter herein. Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party, product, service or information provided on this site.