Learn how to work smarter, not harder, with affordable products that make cleaning a breeze and keep your home smelling and looking fresh.
The first step in preparing for cleaning your home is to make sure you have all the important essentials on hand. Using the wrong tools or cleaning solutions is one reason many people don’t obtain the results they expect. Fortunately, cleaning supplies are inexpensive and easy to find once you know what to look for. Begin by taking stock of what you already have on hand, then create a shopping list and pick up the rest of these important cleaning essentials for a sparkling clean that leaves your home looking its best without high costs or the back-breaking labor.
- Picker-Uppers: Paper towels, non-abrasive scrubbing pads, reusable handi-wipes, reusable sponges
- Brushes & Brooms: Broom, dust pan, toilet brush, scrub brush; you may also want to consider specialty brushes such as a window blind brush, ceiling fan brush or vent brush to tackle particularly difficult jobs
- Cleaning Solutions: All-purpose spray cleaner, window cleaner, bleach, hard-water mineral remover, toilet bowl cleaner, enzymatic carpet cleaner, tile and grout cleaning solution, metal polish. Go green and save money by purchasing large-size chemical cleaners and using refillable spray bottles.
Download our handy cleaning supplies shopping list.
If you have special cleaning needs because of pets, high household traffic or a yard to tend to, consider renting professional cleaning equipment or purchasing a household version to do the more demanding jobs yourself.
- Carpet-Cleaning Machine. Renting a carpet-cleaning machine is easy, affordable and allows you to make sure the job is done to satisfaction for a fraction of the cost required to hire a commercial cleaning company. Another added benefit is the ability to work around your schedule rather than waiting for professionals to arrive. If you have pets or find yourself renting a machine on a regular basis, consider purchasing an easy-to-use carpet care machine for the home. It makes quick work of spills, stains and other routine maintenance and could save you money over time.
- Floor-Care Machine. Another popular item for those with laminate or tile floors are the new and affordable floor-care machines that combine the ability to vacuum, mop and scrub tile and grout into a single convenient appliance.
- Pressure Sprayer. Purchasing a small pressure sprayer to tackle tough jobs like concrete walkways, pool enclosures and outdoor eaves can save time and money. Not only are they easy to use, affordable and a great way to spruce up your home at a fraction of the cost associated with hiring outside help, but the ability to maintain your home on a regular basis means it takes less time to get the job done.
Used with permission © 2015 Walmart. All Rights Reserved. See full legal
Important Walmart Disclaimer:
All content provided herein is for educational purposes only. Neither the author nor Walmart.com assumes any responsibility for errors, omissions or contrary interpretation of the subject matter herein. Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party, product, service or information provided on this site.